Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Let's work together to end the problems through prayer, trusting God

I know I can't understand exactly what its like in certain parts of the United States, but I know what being bullied is like, and that my handicaps (including physical ones and bits of cerebral palsy and Dandy-Walker Syndrome) made it worse. And, given that I can't read nonverbal cues well, I even know how it is to feel concerned about what others in authority could do.

And, I know the Lord sees me through and can do the same for you when you trust Him.

These words may still feel hollow to some, but it's not like when Booker T Washington made his famous speech in 1895 which said to go along with all of the terrible discrimination which was going on then. Many of our police and other authority figures are wonderful. They truly want what is best for everyone, including African Americans, and including those who may be struggling to stay on the straight and narrow. It's just that a few bad eggs spoil the whole bunch. (I know, ouch, bad mixed metaphor. But, hopefully it helps keep your attention.) 

But, just as a few teachers who didn't care to help a handicapped child did not mean the rest were bad, a few bad people who use the police badge for evil do not mean that everyone is bad. You still follow a sport like the NFL even with the evil doings of a few players like Ray Rice, right?

What I did was I wrote my junior high school years later and essentially said I no longer consider myself to have been a student there. I became a student of a rival school. I asked them, giving the information of how they had discriminated, to change my records, and give me better grades that I would have gotten had I not been harmed, and they agreed.

Wait, you may say, that is nice and easy for you in your situation. I can't exactly say I am no longer a member of the human race. That is true; you must overcome it some other way. God has given you the ability to do just that though.

Romans 12:20, for instance, tells us that by forgiving, loving, and praying for those who persecute us we heap burning coals of fire on their heads. We also see that Jesus tells us not to overcome evil with evil, but to overcome evil with good. This is why I discussed the armor of God in my last post.
That is also why I made the point to share how the devil was using the forces of evil to stir things up. In fact, I pointed out that ISIS may very well be behind all the police brutality itself, since they are in all 50 states, and the devil is just using them to stir things up with all of us. But, we don't have to let this happen. Race relations have worsened because of the devil's lies and hypocrisy.

In fact, it is such lies and hypocrisy that caused them to be bad in the first place.

We are all one race, the human race! The only reason people ever thought of different races was because the devil wanted to put in their minds the idea that one group was better than the other. This is a lie that is throughout Darwin's theory of evolution, the survival of the fittest. We survive because we work together, because we are one race, the human race. We were created as human beings with the truth that all people are created equal, and as Ben Franklin said during our revolution, we must all hang together, or we shall assuredly all hang separately.

We are, of course, all sinners and have come short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23. The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23. It was while we were yet sinners that Christ died for us. Romans 5:8, and if we simply call on the Lord Jesus Christ to forgive us of our sins, repenting and turning to him to save us, then whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Romans 10:13.

So, let us unite first under the Cross, where we are all equal, where there is...neither Jew nor Greek...but all are one in Christ Jesus.(Galatians 3:28)

And then, let us unite in prayer, turning from our own sins, confessing and forsaking those times we fall short of his perfection, I'm seeking his spirit to point them out so that we can forsake them.

Then, let us pray, pleading with the Lord to change the terrible demonic oppression that is in this nation, pleading with Him to pour out His Spirit in this land, to change the hearts and minds of those who would do evil to his people, and to the innocents. Pleading with Him, to protect the children and all of us from the terrible wrath Satan has for them. Seeking God's face, to change the hearts and minds of leaders, and to bring us out of this terrible oppression.

No comments:

Post a Comment